Crosspathy is dangerous to human race and potential global catastrophe because of antibiotic resistance. All allopathic medicines are hazardous chemicals in inexperienced hands. Incorrect and massive use of antibiotics will cause antibiotic resistance, which has global ramifications. From this angle, it is a retrograde step. When all over the world, need is being felt that there has to be better control of antibiotic prescription. We are entering an era, where antibiotics are getting useless and more so because of rampant misuse of antibiotics. Rather than exercising a better control, it will be a catastrophic to human race world over by causing antibiotic resistance.
Will thousands or lac of alternate medicine graduate will dispense all antibiotics, anticancer , anti diabetic , cardiac medications? It is hard to think about hundreds of potentially dangerous medicines being given without structured training and proper exams in this system of crosspathy.
Although it appears to be an avoidable decision, but still if required can be done by creating “doctors for area of need.
Following steps should be taken before implementation:
Main Aim; to create doctors for area of need. (AON doctor)
- To identify areas of need; most basic step is to identify the areas of need, where doctors are not available. Government should identify area of need and implement the scheme in selected areas, and with selected simple drugs. Such areas should be such that which do not have medical facilities or lack doctors. Areas which already have doctors will not accept the diluted or sub-optimal care, for example urban population.
- Limited seats-To identify the number required; let us say start with pilot project of selecting 500 to1000 such doctors. All the lakhs of alternate doctors can not be allowed to prescribe allopathic medicines. It will put the community at risk.
Each and every seat of AON and its doctor needs to be identified , earmarked and trained for the particular seat.
- To identify the skills required for the area; for example emergency, for paediatrics or obstretics and gynaecology, trauma.
- Willingness to work in area of need- to identify the doctors: have a written competition from all candidates who apply for bridge course. To identify doctors who have given willingness to work in these areas of need. People who perform well should be taken for bridge course only on limited seats. Bridge course should not free for all.
- To develop a structured bridge course, which should be around one year after comparing the course of MBBS and the course done by the candidate.
- Admission and exit in the bridge course should be through exam and limited seats.
- Bridge course and allopathic medicines should not be made free for all, that any body can dispense it. We can get benefit only if is specific to needs of people. If everyone is allowed to practice allopathy in all locality, it will be a global hazard besides our community .
- These trained doctors will have an undertaking to serve in area of need only. For a period at least 10 to 20 years.
- Number should be limited but training should be good.
- A special course needs to be designed separately for one year, so that people in area of need do not get substandard care
Without proper planning and implementation and identification of area of need, this bridge course will not benefit anyone, rather it can be disastrous.