Genesis of a system, where every body will suffer and no one is beneficiary. There has been lot of debates going on about the Government willingness to allow crosspathy. There has been indications in newspapers about possibility of government allowing Ayurvedic, homeopathic and Unani medicine graduates and others to practice modern allopathic medicines. Most importantly which medications will be allowed to be practiced? Will thousands of alternate medicine graduate will dispense all antibiotics, anticancer , anti diabetic , cardiac medications. It is hard to think about hundreds of potentially dangerous medicines being given without structured training and proper exams in this system of crosspathy. No one is bothered about the fact that every allopathic medicine is a potential hazardous chemical, if not used properly.
It will be done through some bridge course. The structure and effectiveness of the said course is yet to be knowm. Whether it will be of 3 days or 3 months? Who will be able to do it ? whether some level of efficiency will be expected or every body will be allowed to just dispense allopathic medicine. What ever some one may argue, bridge courses can not be substitute to proper training for these complex diseases and drugs. Following may be side effects of dilution of medical education and crosspathy:
- Alternative or ayurvedic medicine systems themselves: detrimental to these systems themselves because of many reasons. If the ayurvedic doctors start allopathic practice, how we expect ayurvedic stream to florish and respected. It will be diluted to no end. After few years no one will be left will ayurvedic practice. In my opinion it is a death sentence to ayurvedic system.
Secondly, the decision is not respectful to ayurvedic stream itself. Stream of Ayurveda will suffer.
- Public and patients: crosspathy clearly means a diluted and suboptimal medical services. Government may create few area of need and implement the scheme in selected areas, and selected simple drugs.
- Allopathy will be clearly a sufferer. If every body can practice allopathic medicine, why one should go for rigorous training. It will discourage the people who have opted and got admission to allopathic courses. They are paying and slogging hard for their training.
- Dangerous to human race and potential global catastrophe: All allopathic medicines are hazardous chemicals in inexperienced hands. But incorrect and massive use of antibiotics will cause antibiotic resistance, which has global ramifications. From this angle, it is a retrograde step. When all over the world, need is being felt that there has to be better control of antibiotic prescription. We are entering an era, where antibiotics are getting useless and more so because of rampant misuse of antibiotics. Rather than exercising a better control, it can be a catastrophic to human race world over by causing antibiotic resistance.
- have our public and people given consent for such diluted medical excellence and services? It is public ultimately who accepts a decision for suboptimal medical service. Government may create few area of need and implement the scheme in selected areas, and selected simple drugs. But that also has not been planned.
Catastrophic decision if implemented. You can never equate medical profession with any other profession due to its high complexity. There can’t be a single person of non medical body in the decision making. At most they can pass files, do administrative work at best.
Crosspathy is clearly an I’ll thought out plan. I agree with Dr Pankaj Kumar’s view and feel that bridge courses, which are envisaged, are detrimental to the medical need of patients. It will further deteriorate the scenario to chaos and anarchy.